Saturday, November 8, 2008

Roy Jones Jr speaks out on Barack Obama ahead of Joe Calzaghe clash

If Roy Jones Jr. needed anymore motivation for his fight with Joe Calzaghe for this Saturday, then he got it earlier this week when he, along with the World witnessed Barack Obama elected as America's first black president.

A day after witnessing Obama seal his bid to be President by beating John McCain, Jones Jr., inspired by the victory plans on using the inspiration as motivation, telling Reuters: "I want to say I am more proud to be an American now, more so than I have ever been in my life"

Jones Jr. believe Calzaghe is the Pound for Pound best fighter, a title he once held. Obama who ran on the platform of change, is motivating Jones Jr. to change the Pound for Pound landscape. Jones Jr. stated: "I've got another guy here who is the best pound-for-pound fighter right now, but I love change. This country's about change, and I'm about change,"

Jones Jr. faces Calzaghe this Saturday at Madison Square on HBO Pay-Per-view. Its a fight you won't want to miss.